Incompetency Planning

Many believe that their spouse or adult children can automatically take over for them if they are no longer able to handle their financial affairs or health care decision-making. We have power of attorney and legal directive documents designed to ensure the smooth transition of decision-making in such circumstances. If such documents are not in place, a court petition may be necessary to declare you incompetent and then select person(s) to act on your behalf. This process can be costly, stressful, and can require ongoing court oversight.